The Castle Preschool
Preschool is a happy, friendly, inclusive and welcoming place for all children to play, learn and develop their independence. Highly experienced staff use their knowledge of the early year’s curriculum and the needs and interests of the children to provide a high quality and inviting learning environment. Both the indoor and outdoor environments are extensive, inviting and offer challenge with open-ended high quality resources.
We recognise the importance of play as a vehicle for learning and provide opportunities for children to become deeply involved as they take things they already know and combine them in new ways to deepen their understanding. As they play alongside their keyworker and peers, children immerse themselves in what most interests them, and in the process find out about themselves, other people, and the world around them. Because the play is open-ended and flexible, children can explore and experiment with confidence, take risks and challenge themselves at the limits of their capabilities, without fear of failure.
Here at the Castle we hold the child at the centre of our practice and employ a keyworker system to enable strong bonds to be created between the staff, children and their families. This enables us to nurture positive relationships that in turn encourages children to feel, safe, secure and valued so they are ready to engage and learn.
*Children are eligible to start Preschool in the term following their 2nd birthday.*
*We offer 15 hours '2 Year Old Free Entitlement' provision*
*Fee paying sessions are available subject to availability *
* Breakfast Club may be available on request *
* As children reach the age of 3 they will have opportunities to visit Nursery with their Key Person, to aid their transition. *
* A 2 year old check is completed by staff and parents for all children in our Preschool. *
Do you qualify for 2 Year Old Free Entitlement?
Eligible 2 year olds can access the FREE childcare from the term after their 2nd birthday. If you meet the eligibility criteria listed above, you will receive a letter from the Council confirming the FREE childcare. The letter will advise you where you can access your FREE childcare place. You will need to take your letter and evidence of your child’s date of birth to the childcare provider to guarantee your place.
If you believe you meet the eligibility criteria and have not received a letter for your child then call Families Information free on 0800 587 8042.
Your free childcare will continue even if your circumstances change.
Your 2 year old will be eligible if you are in receipt of any of the following;
• Income Support
• Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
• Support under part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
• Income Related Employment & Support Allowance
• Tax Credit with a gross income of £16,190 or less
• Universal Credit with a net income not exceeding £15,400.
Or your child:
• Has an Education and Health Care Plan
• Receives Disability Living Allowance
• Is a Looked After Child, left care through Special Guardianship, Adoption Order or Child Arrangement Order.
If you have received a letter to tell you that your child is entitled to free childcare and you would like them to come to our Preschool, please contact the school:
Telephone: 01924 251151 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also fill in an Application Form and email / post to school. Please find the form below: